You will be spending considerable efforts defining and understanding the 'theme'. This is an important base work and you got to do it well.
Because that will be the basis to your entire coursework - for the 'theme' is the reason for your coursework which leads you to an identified need and then to a solution.
You need to be reminded of the 'theme' throughout your coursework and not deviate from it. But you cannot to stretch this process for too long. You think about how long it requires to simply define and understand the 'theme'.
DEFINING THE THEME
- Making use dictionary definitions is one good way to begin.
- You should also offer your personal interpretation on what the definition of the 'theme' means.
- Interpret your 'theme' with understanding.
- Comment on you research works (on data, facts, images, etc) showing meaningful interpretations and thoughts on them.
EXPLORING THE THEME
- Begin with a Broad Plan (like the above). That will provide you with enough 'topics' to investigate and explore. Find out facts about those stuffs. Build up a good understanding on the topics you have noted. Make notes of interesting stuffs, products, events or activities along the way.
- When you begun exploration, you will notice that you will be covering some issues lightly and some more in-depth. Notice that you will only bother to cover a topic in detail if that interests you!
- You may have incidentally found or identified a problem area, an interest area or an area for improvement. Once you find those, you begin studying them in detail - 'Deeply'.