Need Help?

Facing hurdles in design or sketching? As a student, do you grapple with balancing schoolwork and creative pursuits? This blog provides in-depth, tailored advice, directly tackling issues in design, sketching, and academic management. It's a place where you may find the necessary support and guidance to overcome these challenges. (Copyright © 2007-2024 Daniel Lim) Feel free to share the topics you're eager to explore in this blog. Additionally, if my content has inspired or aided you, I'd love to hear about it. Your feedback is invaluable.

04 March 2022

*New* Series: “Sketching & Drawing Practice with Mr Daniel” (TRAILER VERSION)

Cannot draw? I know right. But you got start somewhere. These videos will guide and help you kick start your progress from ZERO to HERO.

Sketching and drawing can be a very daunting activity for many people. Too often than not you will always hear people say “I cannot draw.” 

Trust me, everybody can draw. Draw me a square. See? You can.

The only problem is you may not draw them in the right proportion. That is where practice and awareness comes to play. Allow me to guide you through a series of practical drawing practices from warm ups, to 2D shapes and forms, to 3D forms. 

In every video I’ll also be dropping some PRO TIPS on how you can handle your tools and approach to a successful sketch - one that you eventually will tell yourself “I didn’t know I can sketch or draw!”.

However mastery takes practices. Not by the hours. Months maybe. But the really good dudes did it for years. Daily. So if you want to be good, it is not good enough just watching a video like this. You got to go practice. 

So practice with me. You may pause my videos for extra practices in between different techniques, or you may need more time to practice a technique before you move on to the next. 

There is no rule. The point is YOU PRACTICE. And you will surely get better.

Let me know in the comments what else you like to learn and watch.

FOLLOW and LIKE on Facebook to get updates as soon as a new post is up: https://www.facebook.com/designjournalsos

Support my work? Buy me a Coffee? https://www.buymeacoffee.com/mrdanielsos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mastering Unfamiliar Themes: A Simple Guide to Kickstart Your Design & Technology Coursework

Embarking on a  Design & Technology (D&T) project can be an exciting journey but students often find themselves at a crossroads when...